What a difference it makes having more hands on the farm!! We had a volunteer garden work day on Saturday afternoon. We weeded the onion bed and laid down mulch on the broccoli, cabbage, chinese cabbage, cauliflower, collards and tomatoes. Other than it being a scorching day (record highs for March 26th) it was a huge success. Hopefully all the volunteers had a good time and from our standpoint we got a lot of much needed work done......THANK YOU!
Spring is always the busiest time of year on a small diversified farm like 47 Daisies. I was sitting in the living room last night and gave Harmony the to-do list for the week......here it is......
1. Plant out the rest of the plants from the seed room
2. Seed a succession planting of beans, lettuce and squash
3. Prepare the ground in the citrus house
4. Spray the grass with vinegar to kill it in the citrus house
5. Plant the pineapples and banana
6. Till the bottom field
7. Get the rest of the tomato posts in
8. Finish hilling the potatoes
9. Finish laying the irrigation lines
10. Transplant the flower plants
11. Rebuild the mower deck......and get mowing
12. Finish mulching the tomatoes and eggplants
13. Mulch the new pepper transplants
If we can get all that done then it will have been a productive week..........life is never a dull moment here!!! But even though we are busy, busy, busy......we love every minute of it.....!!!!
Dylan and Harmony, whichever of us have the time to sit down and write for a few minutes. : )